Maison de l’Amérique Latine 1
The ‘Maison de l’Amérique Latine S.E.U.L.’ will showcase Latin American shorts of young filmmakers from Brazil, Cuba, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Venezuela,… A mix of genres with fiction, documentary and video clips on the programme. You will be amazed !
- Titanes (Titans) – Edison Cajas – Chile – Fiction – 2011 – 23’ – ST English
Chile 1982. Raul is the driver of some agents of CNI. Gradually, the work of Raul will transform your home into a foreign place and himself in threat to his wife and his young son Danilo.
- Brazaletes (Bracelets) – Cristóbal Sobera – Chile – Animation – 2010 – 6’ – ST French
It is an organism in charge of keeping control, until a strange suicide case activates its high technology activities.
- Salón Royale – Sabrina Campos – Argentina – Fiction – 2011 – 14’ – ST English
Ana goes, together with her friends to a wedding. She has the hope of finding somebody, but her expectations change when she discovers her ex boyfriend can be there as well.
- Réquiem para la eternidad (Requiem pour l’éternité) – Mexico – Alberto Resendiz Gómez – Documentary- 2011 – 12’ – ST English.
In August, 2007, after some medical studies, I was diagnosed with bone cancer. This film is based on the memories that I keep of those days.
- Supaya – Daniela Wayllace – Belgium- Animation – 2011 – 5’ – ST French
The Supaya is a precolombine divinity Quechua and Aymara. It is represented in dance “la diablada” in Bolivia. The Supaya is being associated with devil by the spanish during colonization period.
- La Cuchilla (La Lame) – Martín Meddourene Pabon – Colombia – Fiction – 2011 – 8’ – ST English.
A woman wants to cut her pain off but she finds pleasure.