This summer, drop the beach, the mask and the snorkel and run rather watch some short films.
Every Saturday in the months of July , we will meet you at the Vaux-Hall (Brussels Park) as part of the programming "Vaux-Hall Summer."
4 Saturdays, 4 screenings, 4 themes to discover the short film.
This Saturday, July 25, on the program, "An almost perfect meal" :
- Con la comida no se juega - Daniel Munoz Caneiro - Spain - 2013 - 9'04''
During a family dinner, Antonio tries to make his daughter reconsider about falling in love with who she should not. It’s for the sake of the family...
- Le Repas dominical - Céline Devaux - France - 2015 - 13'
It’s Sunday. At lunch, James observes his family. They ask him questions, but don’t listen to his answers; they give him advice but don’t follow them themselves. They caress him, they smack him, but it’s normal, it is lunch on Sunday.
- Next floor - Denis Villeneuve - France, Québec - 2010 - 11'49''
During an opulent banquet, eleven pampered guests participate in what appears to be a ritualistic gastronomic carnage. In this grotesque universe, an unexpected sequence of events destabilizes the endless symphony of abundance.
- L’indigestion - Mathilde Remy - Belgium - 2016 - 6'12''
A family dinner is organized for the anniversary of the grandmother. This meal is an opportunity to see the anguish, the fears, the wickedness of this family.
- Café et confiture - Filip Peruzovic - Croatia - 2013 - 6'
A couple has breakfast. Their movements reflect each other – where his begin, hers end. They are on the same wavelength. But, a simple gesture, with wrong timing, turns their breakfast into disaster.
- The Alan Dimension - Jac Clinch - UK - 2016 - 8'47''
Alan Brown uses divine powers of precognition to foresee the fate of mankind…and breakfast.
- Le grand moment de solitude - WIlfried Méance - France - 2010 - 7 '23''
Have you ever experienced a moment of terrible loneliness? At his girlfriend's father's birthday party Rémi is about to learn what that means.