Each year, Sabam For Culture, in collaboration with the Brussels Short Film Festival organises a Musical Date in order to encourage encounters between composers and directors.
During the Musical Date, two renowned composers meet with selected directors/producers and choose their favourite project for which they will compose an original score. Two grants of 2500€ are rewarded by Sabam For Culture for the winning projects.
Composers 2023: Aiko Devriendt (Echo, Bamboe, Nora en Sam) Catherine Graindorge (Le chant des hommes, White Box Jacket)
- Poumpo, Anthony Tueni (Monkey Productions)
- Nkondi, Michael Palmaers & Frederik Palmaers (Soil)
- Futur Antérieur, Amélie Navarro & Gaëtan D'Agostino (Néon Rouge)
- Le Festin du Géant, Eve de Roeck (Ozù Productions)
- Chez Ali, Anne-Lise Morin (Angie Productions)
- Cimarron, Rémi Vandenitte & Cédrice Bourgeois (Zorobabel)
- Sofa, Rémi Quodbach (Koko arrose la culture)
- Cimarron, Rémi Vandenitte & Cédric Bourgeois (Zorobabel, Lardux Films) chosen by Vincent Cahay
- Nkondi, Michael Palmaers & Frederik Palmaers (S.O.I.L Productions) chosen by Ruben de Gheselle