10 shorts on their way to conquer Europe!
Along with 9 other emblematic European festivals, the Brussels Short Film Festival launches the European Short Film Audience Award (ESFAA): a selection of the very best European short films of last year awarded with a national audience award.
- Lviv International Short Film Festival Wiz Art (Ukraine) - 7 to 13 Setpember2020
- Curtas Vila do Conde - International Film Festival (Portugal) - 3 to 11 October 2020
- Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival Bristol (Royaume-Uni) - 18 September to 11 October 2020
- Alciné - Festival de Cine Alcalá de Henares (Espagne) - 6 to 13 November 2020
- Interfilm - International Short Film Festival Berlin (Allemagne) - 10 to 15 November 2020
- Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival (France) - 29 January to 6 February 2021
- Tampere Film Festival (Finlande) - 10 to 14 March 2021
- Short Waves Festival (Pologne) - March 2021
- Go Short - International Short Film Festival Nijmegen (Pays-Bas) - 14 to 18 April 2021
On the programme of the second edition of the European Short Film Audience Award (ESFAA) :
Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival Bristol Audience Award
Barry, a mild mannered fool from somewhere in the Northwest attempts to elicit the help of his ex-girlfriend after brutally murdering his grandmother with a hammer.
To teach a bird to fly
by Minna Rainio, Mark Roberts
Tampere Film Festival Audience Award
A docufiction that tells the story of bird extinction from the point of view of northern bald ibis, and the reintroduction project attempting to bring this species back in Europe.
by Francy Fabritz
Interfilm - International Short Film Festival Berlin Audience Award
Two women are kidnapping a dubious right-wing politician by elegantly stealing his car with him caught in the boot. What seems like a supposedly harmless ride at first glance turns into a plan of revenge.
Mind My Mind
by Floor Adams
Go Short - International Short Film Festival Nijmegen Audience Award
Chris, an autistic young man who camouflages his obsession with dive bombers, gets by with the help of Hans, the little guy who lives in his head and translates Chris's social scripts for him. When zoologist Gwen invites Chris to meet her favorite chameleon, Chris and Hans move expeditiously ahead with a flirt script… but then the chameleon dies and Gwen needs Chris to go off script.
by Delphine Girard
Brussels Short Film Festival Audience Award
A night. A car. A woman in trouble. A call.
by Bruno Collet
Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival Audience Award
Recently, Louis, painter, is experiencing strange events. His world seems to be mutating. Slowly, furnitures, objects, people lose their realism. They are destructuring, sometimes disintegrating…
Manolo Montesco y Carmela Capuleto
by María Jáimez
Alciné - Festival de Cine Alcalá de Henares Audience Award
What would happen in the life of Romeo and Juliet if they had not died adolescents? How would their days be at 90?
by Myroslava Klochko
Lviv International Short Film Festival Wiz Art Audience Award
Happy newlyweds Ida and Jura are expecting a child. Ida suddenly finds out that the child will be special. She is unsure of how Jura will react when he learns the news, or what life with an extraordinary child will bring.
Les extra-ordinaires mésaventures de la jeune fille de pierre by Gabriel Abrantes
Curtas Vila do Conde - International Film Festival Audience Award
Tired of being a banal architectural ornament, a sculpture runs away from the Louvre to confront real life on the streets of Paris.